miércoles, 26 de febrero de 2014

Commentary for: Breion's Blog: CasabiancaLove's the boy stood on the burning deck...

Breion's Blog: CasabiancaLove's the boy stood on the burning deck...: Casabianca Love's the boy stood on the burning deck trying to recite `The boy stood on the burning deck.' Love's the son st...





Before I read the poem, I thought it was going to be about some Casabianca because I did not know what that word meant. I got a big surprise when I started reading the poem. The poem focuses on love.

After I finished reading the poem, I was left with a sad mood because of the last stanza in the poem.

In the poem, Casabianca, Elizabeth Bishop says that love is many things.

Overall, Elizabeth Bishop says that love is the whole scene in which the boy is struggling to read while on a ship that is burning just like him. The saddest part of the poem is when Elizabeth Bishop says that "love is the burning boy." This poem provokes a lot of meaning and since it is the last line in the poem, it sticks with the reader long after reading the poem.

I really liked this poem because of the new point of view that she has to offer about love. Love is everything, from the birds chirping outside on a spring morning to the bully teasing a kid at school. 


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario